About Clos de Tart
The Clos de Tart was founded in 1141 by the Tart Abbey Bernardine sisters, a branch of the nearby Cistercian congregation.
In 1791, the Clos de Tart was originally purchased by the Marey-Monge family. Later it was acquired by the Mommessin family, from the Mâconnais, who then became the sole owners of this estate.
The Clos de Tart is a single plot of land covering 7.53 hectares of vines located on the Morey-Saint-Denis terroir in the Côte de Nuits.
Since its creation, this Clos has never been parcelled out and it is presently the largest Grand Cru classified property with a single owner in all of Burgundy.