About Ferraton Père & Fils
The history of Domaine Ferraton dates back to 1946, when Jean-Orens Ferraton decided to share his passion for the terroirs of Hermitage, Crozes-Hermitage, and Saint Joseph. The Ferraton family had long been connected to these vineyards, and the winery owns 18 hectares there. At the end of the 1960s, Jean-Orens’ son Michel took the winery to the next level by investing in Hermitage vineyards. Later in the 1990s a new step was taken with the creation of “Ferraton Père & Fils”, marking the partnership between the Ferraton family and Michel Chapoutier.
Today, the team running the winery proudly shares the same passion and commitment as its founders. A crossroad of traditions, those of the vigneron ancestors and a modern spirit together inspire Maison Ferraton Père & Fils.
Respect for nature is necessary to the production of fine wines, and with that philosophy in mind, the domaine has been pursuing fully biodynamic farming for over 20 years, with several formal certifications.
Several Sélections Parcellaires (single vineyard selections) from the core vineyard holdings represent the pinnacle of the winery’s production. In order to offer a wider range, the winery now also produces a line of Tradition and Lieu-Dit wines from a broader range of Rhone Valley appellations, some from purchased fruit. The vinification remains traditional across all of the different wines, and they all represent the best expressions of the terroirs from which they come.